Newsletter October 11th-15th
October 11th-October 15th
Here are a few things that my Kindergartners are going to learn this week!!!!!!
· Explain decisions about classification of solid shapes into categories. Name the solid shape
· Describe and communicate positions of all solid shapes using the words (above, below, beside, in front of, next to, and behind)
· Identify and sort shapes as two dimensional or three dimensional and recognize two dimensional and three-dimensional shapes in different orientations and sizes.
· Culminating task- collaborative groups create displays of different flat shapes with examples, non-examples, and a corresponding.
· Essential Question of the week: What kind of bugs do you know about?
· Visual Vocabulary: curious, observe, process, slender, attaches, a, see, we, like
· Concepts of print, identify words, word building
· Phonemic Awareness: Phoneme blending, isolation, segmentation, movement words (review all sight words studied)
· Literature Big book/questions/answers
· Verbs, rhymes, identify sight words, picture sort, syllables
· Independent Writing, presentations
· Beginning to read books (Pat), (Tap, Tap, Tap), (We Like Bugs)
I, can, the, we, see, a, like
· Oct. 11th - No School, In-service; School Council Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
· Oct. 15th - Dismiss 1:00 - Teacher Workday
· Oct. 21st - No School, Conferences - 12:00 - 8:00 p.m.
· Oct. 22nd - No School
· Oct. 27th - Picture Retakes
· Oct. 28th - Hearing Screenings
· Oct. 29th - Halloween Tiger Day