Newsletter October 4th-8th
October 4th-October 8th
Here are a few things that my Kindergartners are going to learn this week!!!!!!
Mrs. Simenson & the class had fun with our new stem game called Suspend/balance
· Explain decisions about classifications of triangles into categories using variants and non-examples. Identify shapes as triangles
· Explain decisions about classifications of rectangles into categories using variants and non-examples. Identify shapes as rectangles.
· Explain decisions about classifications of hexagons and circles and identify them by name. Make observations using variants and non-examples
· Describe and communicate positions of all flat shapes using the words above, below, beside, in front of, next to, and behind
· Find and describe solid shapes using informal language without naming.
· Lessons found on a separate paper
· Essential Question of the week: What shapes do you see around you?
· Visual Vocabulary: materials, nature, world, decorations, games, like
· Concepts of print, identify words, word building
· Phonemic Awareness: Phoneme blending, isolation, category words (shape words)
· Literature Big book/questions/answers
· Verbs, rhymes, identify sight words, picture sort, column charts
· Independent Writing, presentations
· Beginning to read books (We like Tam!), (I like Sam!)
I, can, the, we, see, a, like
· Oct. 5th - Auction Planning Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
· Oct. 6th - Fire Safety Visit
· Oct. 11th - No School, In-service; School Council Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
· Oct. 15th - Dismiss 1:00 - Teacher Workday
· Oct. 21st - No School, Conferences - 12:00 - 8:00 p.m.
· Oct. 22nd - No School
. Oct. 26th- Pumpkin patch trip at 1:00
· Oct. 27th - Picture Retakes
· Oct. 28th - Hearing Screenings
· Oct. 29th - Halloween Tiger Day