- Ms. Stoneberger
Newsletter September 13th-17th
September 13th-September 17th
Here are a few things that my Kindergartners are going to learn this week!!!!!!
· Reason about sets of 7 varied objects in circular and scattered configurations. Find a path through the scattered configurations. Write numeral 7. Ask, How is your seven different from mine?
· Compare counts of 8 in linear and array configurations. Match with numeral 8. Lessons found on a separate paper
· Arrange and strategize to count 8 beans in circular and scattered configurations. Write numeral 8. Find a path through the scatter set and compare paths with a partner. Lessons found on a separate paper
· Organize and count 9 varied geometric objects in linear and array (3 threes) configurations. Place objects on 5 group mats. Match with numeral 9. Lessons found on a separate paper
· Strategize to count 9 objects in circular around a paper plate and scattered configurations printed on paper. Write numeral 9. Represent a path through the scatter count with a pencil. Number each object.
· Essential Question of the week: How do baby animals move?
· Visual Vocabulary: Adventure, Movement, exhausted, exciting arrived, we
· Concepts of print, identify words
· Phonemic Awareness: Phoneme blending, isolation, read words with short a
· Literature Big book/questions/answers
· Nouns, rhymes, identify words with the letter Aa
· Beginning to read books (Hop)
I, can, the, we
· Sept. 17th- End of Trash Bag Sales
· Sept. 24th – Fit & Fun Friday/no uniform- Social Emotional Health
· Sept. 27th – No school/In-service
· Sept. 29th – School pictures