September 28-Oct.2 Newsletter
· No School
· Centers: Dot to Dot Dino page, dot letter D, playdoh, and puzzles
· Whole Group: The students will be doing a math Dino worksheet. The students will have 4 dinosaurs on their page. They will draw a line from the dinosaur that has a number on its belly to the correct number of dots on the right side of the page.
· Centers: Drawing on white boards letters A-D, Tangrams animals, playdoh, and scholastic news called Do you want to be a firefighter.
· Whole Group: The students will learn and identify their numbers 1-10 by counting colored cubes and putting them in a stack and counting them back to me.
· Centers: Color the things that have the D sound, letter D tangrams, dino coloring page, book center
· Whole Group: The students will be working together on a classroom experiment on what dissolves in the water and what doesn’t. The following (flour, sugar, noodles, sprinkles) The students will be making predictions on what will dissolve and what won’t. This is a great critical thinking skill.
· Centers: Scholastic news called How does a pumpkin grow, playdoh, morning play tubs, cubes game (learning numbers)
· Whole Group: We will be doing letter D show and tell. Please have you child bring something that starts with the letter D
* Reminder: Bring something that starts with the letter D on Friday!