Kindergarten Newsletter Aug. 22-26
. Essential Question of the week: Who is in your family?
· Oral Vocabulary words: Family, special
·Concepts of print, identify words, word building
· Phonemic Awareness: Phoneme blending, isolation, segmentation
. Literature Big book/questions/answers
· Verbs, rhymes, identify sight words, picture sort, syllables
· Sight Words: I, not, can
· Lesson 6: Sort categories by count, identify categories with 2, 3, and 4 within a given scenario
. Lesson 7: Sort by count in vertical columns and horizontal rows (linear configurations to 5) Match to numeral on cards.
· Lesson 8: Answer how many questions to 5 in linear configurations (5 group) with 4 in an array configuration. Compare ways to count five fingers
. Lesson 9: Within linear and array dot configurations of numbers 3,4 and 5
·Lesson 10: Within circular and scattered dot configurations of numbers 3,4, and 5
Up-Coming Events in August
·22 - Trash Bag Sales Begin
·25 - Home & School Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
·26 - No Uniform Day, Family Picnic Day
Up-Coming Events in September
·8 - Trash Bag Sales End
. 9 - Grandparent Day - Sack Lunch Picnic Day
·19 - Picture Day
· 24 - Capital Campaign Open House
· 26 - No School; Staff Inservice