Newsletter November 1st-5th
November 1st-November 5th
Here are a few things that my Kindergartners are going to learn this week!!!!!!
· Compare objects using heavier than, lighter than, and the same as with balance scales.
· Compare the weight of an object to a set of unit weights on a balance scale.
· Observe conservation of weight on the balance scale.
· Compare the weight of an object with sets of different objects on a balance scale.
· Compare volume using more than, less than, and the same as by pouring.
· Essential Question of the week: What places do you go during the week?
· Visual Vocabulary: Local, neighborhood, routine, intelligent, volunteer
· Concepts of print, identify words, word building
· Phonemic Awareness: Phoneme blending, isolation, segmentation, Blending words, sequence words
· Literature Big book/questions/answers
· Verbs, rhymes, identify sight words, picture sort, syllables
· Independent Writing, presentations, using complete sentences, opinion sentences
· Beginning to read books (We can go), (Tim and Nan)
I, can, the, we, see, a, like, to, and, go
· Nov. 3rd- Vision Screenings
· Nov. 5th- Sack Lunch Day
· Nov. 12th- No School/Diocesan In-service
· Nov. 23rd- Thanksgiving meal/Turkey Trot/Mass at 10:00
· Nov. 24th-28th- Thanksgiving Break