Newsletter November 28-Dec. 2
Sound case Lesson 9/10
· Language Enrichment: Hush! A Thai Lullaby by Minfong Ho & Build and Igloo by Ulli Steltzer
· Vocabulary: mosquito, lizard, mouse, frog, sty, duck, monkey, buffalo, elephant, windowsill, igloo, carpenter’s saw, draft, surface, diagonally, trench, depth, paces,keystone
· Phonemic awareness: Get 5 different colored blocks for each student. (using blocks for each word in a sentence)
· Extension Activity: Say & slide board with words: Picture tiles (put together to make a word)/compound word
· Alphabet Activity: Learning letters, (A-Z) /syllable words
· Sight Words: I, not, can, Just, your, the, out, we, see, a, like, by, on, to, two, big
· Lesson 6: learning how to read analog clocks by the hour/ Telling time by the hour (write times)
· Lesson 7: Cut/ paste the time to the nearest hour (test)
· Lesson 8: Write to the nearest time with a partner
· Lesson 9: learning how to read analog clocks by the hour/ cut & paste build a clock by memory
· Christmas ripping paper craft of an ornament
Upcoming Events in November/December
· 30 – St. Andrew Feast Day, Bingo at 1:00
· 2 – Family Picnic Day, No Uniform Day with Item for the Food Bank or $1
· 5 – Auction Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
· 15 – K – 5 Christmas Program, 7:00 p.m.; Tiger Day
· 16 – End 2nd Quarter, Dismiss 1:00
· Please read to your child every night for 10 mins so he/she can go to our next reading party! Make sure you turn in your signed slips back to me on Fridays to count!!!!
· Please practice sight words with your child every night and return the slip each day signed for continued learning. Our combined efforts will help your child retain their learning development to help them grow. Thank you for all your efforts your child and I greatly appreciate it!