Newsletter November 7-11
·Language Enrichment: The very hungry caterpillar by Eric Carle
·Vocabulary: antennae, head, thorax, abdomen, legs, wings, egg, caterpillar, tiny, cocoon
·Phonemic awareness: Get 5 different colored blocks for each student. (using blocks for each word in a sentence)
·Extension Activity: Say & slide board with words: Picture tiles (put together to make a word)
·Alphabet Activity: Learning letters, (A-T)
Sight Words: I, not, can, Just, your, the, out, we, see, a, like, by, on
· Language Enrichment:
· Vocabulary: den, hare, heap, dank, clutters, divvy, lair, strokes
· Phonemic awareness: Get 5 different colored blocks for each student. (using blocks for each word in a sentence)
· Extension Activity: Say & slide board with words: Picture tiles (put together to make a word)
· Alphabet Activity: Learning letters, (A-T) /Rhyming words
· Math Module 2 lesson 7: Explain decisions about classification of solid shapes into categories. Name the solid shape.
· Math Module 2 lesson 8: Describe and communicate positions of all solid shapes using the words above, below, beside, in front of, next to, and behind.
·Math Module 2 lesson 9: Identify and sort shapes as two dimensional or three dimensional and recognize two dimensional and three-dimensional shapes In different orientations and sizes.
· IKE’s Storytime visitors
Upcoming Events in November:
·8 – Building Committee Meeting, 6:30p.m.
.9 – Hearing Rechecks; Veteran’s Day Activities; Choir, BOB10 – Little Ike Storytime; Happy .10 - Little Ike Storytime; Happy Bottoms Diaper Drive Ends
·11 – No School, Diocesan Inservice in Salina