November Newsletter 14-18
Sound case Lesson 7/8:
· Language Enrichment: The Specific Ocean, by Kyo Maclear/Drum Dream Girl, by Margarita Engle
· Vocabulary: Pacific Ocean, shrug, nudges, moping, wade, ripples, scatter, coast, reef/ Conga drum, bongo drum, timbale, courage, café, carnival, towering, rhythm, deserved, starlit
· Phonemic awareness: Get 5 different colored blocks for each student. (using blocks for each word in a sentence)
· Extension Activity: Say & slide board with words: Picture tiles (put together to make a word)/compound word
· Alphabet Activity: Learning letters, (A-T) /Rhyming words
· Sight Words: I, not, can, Just, your, the, out, we, see, a, like, by, on
· Lesson 1 learning how to read analog clocks by the hour/ Create a flower clock
· Lesson 2 learning how to read analog clocks by the hour/ teaching the 0’clocks.
· Lesson 3 learning how to read analog clocks by the hour/ Play a game of scoot: hours
· Lesson 4 learning how to read analog clocks by the hour/ Find and color all of the clocks that shows full hours
· Lesson 5 learning how to read analog clocks by the hour/ create a flower clock for home/practice with the family 😊
Upcoming Events in November:
15 – School Council Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
22 – Thanksgiving Mass, Dinner
23 – 25 No School, Thanksgiving Break
· Please read to your child every night for 10 mins so he/she can go to our next reading party! Make sure you turn in your signed slips back to me on Fridays to count!!!!
· Please practice sight words with your child every night and return the slip each day signed for continued learning. Our combined efforts will help your child retain their learning development to help them grow. Thank you for all your efforts your child and I greatly appreciate it!