October 31st- November 4th Newsletter
Sound case lessons:
· Language Enrichment: Loud, soft, high & low by Natalie Rosinsky
Vocabulary: sound wave, pitch, vibrate, volume, high, low, soft, loud, echo, and frequency
·Say & slide board with words
o Picture cards: book, cat, log
· Alphabet Activity: Learning letters A-J
·Language Enrichment: The very hungry caterpillar by Eric Carle
·Vocabulary: antennae, head, thorax, abdomen, legs, wings, egg, caterpillar, tiny, cocoon
· Phonemic awareness: Get 5 different colored blocks for each student. (using blocks for each word in a sentence)
·Extension Activity: Say & slide board with words: Picture tiles (put together to make a word)
· Alphabet Activity: Learning letters, (A-O)
· Sight Words: I, not, can, Just, your, the, out, we, see, a, like, by, on
· Math Module 2 lesson 4: Explain decisions about classifications of hexagons and circles and identify them by name. Make observations using variants and non-examples
· Math Module 2 lesson 5: Describe and communicate positions of all flat shapes using the words above, below, beside, in front of, next to, and behind.
· Math Module 2 lesson 6: Find and describe solid shapes using informal language without naming
.Math Module 2 lesson 7: Explain decisions about classification of solid shapes into categories. Name the solid shape.
Upcoming Events in November:
3- Grades 2, 3, 4, & 5 Field Trip; Home & School Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
4 – Family Picnic Day; No Uniform Day with Item for the Food Bank; Fourth Grade Bingo at Village Manor
7 – Picture Retake Day