Kindergarten Newsletter March 27th-31st
· Essential Question of the week: How are some animals alike and how are they different?
· Oral Vocabulary words: appearance, behavior, wander, plenty, exercise
· Concepts of print, identify words, word building
· Phonemic Awareness: Phoneme blending, isolation, segmentation
· Literature Big book/questions/answers
· Verbs, rhymes, identify sight words, picture sort, syllables, nouns, compound words, nonsense words, adjectives, animal parts
· Sight Word: have, for, in
Math: (learning about a Dime)
· all about a dime booklet
· sorting dimes into a jar (cut/paste)
· make a dime poster!
· dime worksheet (how much does this cost)
Upcoming events in March:
· 29 – First Communion Parent/Child Retreat & Banner Night, 6:30 – 7:30
· 30 – Home & School Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
· 31 – Fit & Fun Friday, No Uniform Day; Stations of the Cross, 12:05
Please read to your child every night for 10 mins so he/she can go to our next reading party! Make sure you turn in your signed slips back to me on Fridays to count!!!!