Newsletter August 30th-September 3rd
August 30th-September 3rd
Here are a few things that my Kindergartners are going to learn this week!!!!!!
· Model decomposition of 3 with materials, drawings, and expression. Represent the decomposition as 1+2 and 2+1
· Understand the meaning of zero. Write the numeral 0
· Order and write numerals 0-3 to answer how many questions
· Write numerals 1-3. Represent decomposition with materials, drawings, and equations, 3=2+1 and 3=1+2
· Order and write numerals 4 and 5 to answer how many questions in categories; sort by count
· Essential question of the week: What can you do!
· Creating a class Word Web
· Reading from left to right/top to bottom
· Rebus definition
· Tracking while reading
· Capital/ lowercase letters/sounds
· Completing sentences
· Days of the week
· Stories/following questions
· Sept. 6th – No school, Labor Day
· Sept. 10th- Grandparents Day/sack lunch day/no-uniform 11:30 a.m. -1:00 p.m.
· Sept. 17th- End of Trash Bag Sales
· Sept. 24th – Fit & Fun Friday/no uniform- Social Emotional Health
· Sept. 27th – No school/In-service
· Sept. 29th – School pictures