Newsletter Jan. 4th-7th
Here are a few things that my Kindergartners are going to learn this week!!!!!!
· IXL Math
· Learning numbers 1-50, Learning how to add with manipulatives
· Lesson 20: Relate more and less to length
· Learning numbers 1-50, comparing length flower cut and paste
* Essential Question of the week: How can people help to make your community better?
· Visual Vocabulary: community, improve, confused, harvest, quarrel
· Concepts of print, identify words, word building, adjectives, position words
·Phonemic Awareness: Phoneme blending, isolation, segmentation (review all sight words studied)
· Literature Big book/questions/answers
· Verbs, rhymes, identify sight words, picture sort, syllables, words to describe things
· Independent Writing, presentations
· Beginning to read books
I, can, the, we, see, a, like, and, to, go, you, do
· Jan. 8th- Family Game Night, 6:00 p.m.
· Jan. 10th- School Council Meeting
· Jan. 12th- Battle of the Books
· Jan. 17th- No School/Teacher Inservice
· Jan. 30th- Catholic Schools Week Begins