- Ms. Stoneberger
Newsletter September 20th-24th
September 20th-September 24th
Here are a few things that my Kindergartners are going to learn this week!!!!!!
· Count 10 objects in linear and array configurations (2 fives). Match with numeral 10. Place on the 5-group mat. Dialogue about 9 and 10. Write numeral 9.
· Count 10 objects in linear and array configurations (2 fives). Match with numeral 10. Place on the 5-group mat. Dialogue about 9 and 10. Write numeral 10
· Count 10 objects, and move between all configurations
· Act out result unknown story problems without equations
· Order and match numeral and dot cards from 1-10. State 1 more than a given number
· Essential Question of the week: How can your senses help you learn?
· Visual Vocabulary: Senses, explore, feast, kneads, finished
· Concepts of print, identify words, sensory words
· Phonemic Awareness: Phoneme blending, isolation, onset/rime blending, categorization
· Literature Big book/questions/answers
· Nouns, rhymes, identify sight words, picture webs
· Independent Writing
· Beginning to read books (Sam can see), (I can see)
I, can, the, we, see
· Sept. 24th – Fit & Fun Friday/no uniform- Social Emotional Health
· Sept. 27th – No school/In-service
· Sept. 29th – School pictures