Newsletter October 18th-22nd
October 18th-October 22nd
Here are a few things that my Kindergartners are going to learn this week!!!!!!
· Compare lengths using taller than and shorter than with aligned and non-aligned endpoints.
· Compare length measurements with string
· Make a series of longer than and shorter than comparisons
· Essential Question of the week: What rules do we follow in different places?
· Visual Vocabulary: rule, cooperate, guard, prank, responsible, to
· Concepts of print, identify words, word building
· Phonemic Awareness: Phoneme blending, isolation, segmentation, Blending words with short I, Action words
· Literature Big book/questions/answers
· Verbs, rhymes, identify sight words, picture sort, syllables
· Independent Writing, presentations
· Beginning to read books (Can I Pat it?), (Tim Can Tip it)
I, can, the, we, see, a, like, to
· Oct. 21st - No School, Conferences - 12:00 - 8:00 p.m.
· Oct. 22nd - No School
· October 26th- Pumpkin Patch Trip
· Oct. 27th - Picture Retakes
· Oct. 28th - Hearing Screenings/Living Rosary at 2:15
· Oct. 29th – Halloween/Tiger Day
· Nov. 3rd- Vision Screenings
· Nov. 5th- Sack Lunch Day
· Nov. 12th- No School/Diocesan In-service
· Nov. 23rd- Thanksgiving meal/Turkey Trot/Mass at 10:00
· Nov. 24th-28th- Thanksgiving Break