- Ms. Stoneberger
Newsletter Sept. 28th-Oct.1st
Happy Birthday Emmy!!!!!
Here are a few things that my Kindergartners are going to learn this week!!!!!!
· Make math stairs from 1 to 10 in cooperative groups
· Arrange, analyze, and draw 1 more up to 10 in configurations other than towers
· Arrange, analyze, and draw sequences of quantities of 1 more, beginning with numbers other than 1
· Find and describe flat triangles, squares, rectangles, hexagons, and circles using informal language without naming
· Essential Question of the week: How do tools help us to explore?
· Visual Vocabulary: discover, tools, fetch, rumble, defeated, a
· Concepts of print, identify words, word building
· Phonemic Awareness: Phoneme blending, isolation, onset/rime blending, category words
· Literature Big book/questions/answers
· Verbs, rhymes, identify sight words, charts
· Independent Writing, presentations
· Beginning to read books (Pam can see!), (We can see!)
I, can, the, we, see, a
· Sept. 29th – School pictures
· Oct. 1st- No Uniform Day, Sack Lunch Day, 11:30 – 12:15
· Oct. 5th - Auction Planning Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
· Oct. 6th - Fire Safety Visit
· Oct. 11th - No School, In-service; School Council Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
· Oct. 15th - Dismiss 1:00 - Teacher Workday
· Oct. 21st - No School, Conferences - 12:00 - 8:00 p.m.
· Oct. 22nd - No School
· Oct. 27th - Picture Retakes
· Oct. 28th - Hearing Screenings
· Oct. 29th - Halloween Tiger Day